Recertification requirements and timeline:
* Physicians who became certified by CMET in 2008 and 2009 have an initial ten-year certificate.
* Physicians who became certified in 2010 or later have a seven-year certificate.
* Physicians who were certified in 2008 and 2009, when they recertify will be granted a seven-year certificate. (The ten-year certificate will no longer be available). Recertification will be 7 years after the first recertification year. That will be 2018 or 2019 respectively and every 7 years going forward.
* Physicians must recertify by or before December 31 of the required year.
* Optional: Recertification is available one year prior to the year it is required. Physicians with an initial certification year of 2010 must recertify by December 31, 2017 but can recertify during 2016. For those choosing this option the date for their next recertification will remain at 7 years after 2017, i.e.: December 31, 2024. Therefore, there is no penalty for those who choose to recertify the year prior to the required recertification date. The required date for the next recertification will remain seven years from the last required date.
* Those in “retired” status and no longer providing patient care DO NOT need to recertify. They must however apply for such status and pay the same fee as would be required if they were still seeing patients for their first recertification date. This is a onetime fee.
** All CMET certified physician members are required to maintain a minimal twenty-four (24) CME in wound care every three years at a conference or other venue approved by CMET. This will initiate in 2016 requiring 8 Category 1 CME and then proceed each year with an additional 8 CME until 2018 when the full 24 CME will be required. Note the following time line:
8 hours Category 1 CME - December 31, 2016
16 hours Category 1 CME - December 31, 2017
24 hours Category 1 CME - December 31, 2018
All CMET certified physician members will be required to meet the 24 hour Category 1 CME requirement over the preceding 3-year period - December 31, 2018